Sunday, May 15, 2011

Is It Summer Yet?


(on the way to Show Low hospital May 2011)

Well, we have had snow and sun, T-Ball and picnics, riding horses and ER visits. I guess you could say it's summer!

Cody had his first T-Ball game on Thursday. It was interesting. Since I'm helping coach I didn't get many pictures. Cody had enough after one inning. Hopefully he will get more excited soon. He is excited about fishing of all things. We went on a picnic to Diamondrock and he got his first fishing lesson. By the end of the day he was sittin in his lawn chair with his juice cup castin and reeling like a grandpa! The river was really low so he didn't catch anything. I can't imagine how ecstatic he will be when he does:) Then, when he got warm he decided to take a lil swim in Black River. Tanner and I took a little nap and Josh did some hiking. It was a really fun day.

(Cody running to second)








(Yep, they wanted to eat the salmon eggs)





After a week of stress my Mom is back home. She has been in Show Low for what they thought was heart failure but now have no explanation for her symptoms. Not to mention she broke her wrist on Thursday night! It's been one thing after another and I feel really bad for her. Hopefully we will get some answers soon.

Josh worked 10 straight days for a mini-shutdown at work. Then had 5 days off and we're hoping gets to go back Monday. With the overtime money we ordered the new transmission for the truck. Can't wait for that to be fixed. I hate driving to the store wondering if I'll have to walk home.

We're still on track to be out of debt by September and then we'll buy a second vehicle. Hope to get our garden planted next weekend. The ground is all ready now and shouldn't have any more freezes! I found a pressure canner at Walmart for $65 that I think I'm going to get. Hope I'll have to use it for all the vegetables, and Josh's elk. He got a left over cow tag archery only for Unit 1 in December.
My grandma found a group in Concho that is puttin on a ranch sorting buckle series starting in June after we get back from Moab. Looking forward to doin a little sortin without having to drive 4 or more hours away! Entries will be reasonable too.

So here's to an exciting warm, fun filled summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment