Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Seasons are Changing

So these few weeks have been busy and unpredictable. We have been struggling to pay our bills lately as I'm sure most people have, so we decided to try and find a different home to rent, we found one that would work and went through the painful process of telling our landlord that we would be breaking our agreement with him. I struggled and struggled with knowing if it was the right thing to do and never felt right about it but knew that we were not being responsible with all of our other debts so we had to do something. The owners of the new house were so understanding and willing to work with us on all aspects of renting their property, so that part seemed easy enough. We turned off many extras that we had and tried to spend nothing extra anywhere. But the story isn't over, as we come to the last 30 days in our current home the landlord calls and discusses the circumstance with Josh and agrees to lowering the rent to below that of the property we were going to move to! What a blessing, it seems like once we really started doing what we were supposed to then things worked themselves out. The only problem is the second renters had already made arrangements to let us move in so unfortunately they will be having to fix some problems we caused. I'm racking my brain trying to come up with some way to make it up to them so that we can continue being friends with them. Hopefully that will work out too.

Today at Church Tanner was such a good boy. Cody has been behaving really well for a while now, but today they were both pretty good. The Missionaries (one's from Utah and the other from Nevada, kinda neat to know they are from somewhere closer to our home!) sat right behind us and they made faces at Tanner that kept him entertained, that was so funny to me. I had decided to try to take Tanner to Nursery today since he'll be in Primary after next year. Unbelievably he did so good. In our new ward they start in the gym where the kids can run and play with balls and other toys, so I went in there and played with him for a while and when I told him I was going to my class he waved and smiled and said Bye Mom! I couldn't believe it. I checked on him again after they moved to the classroom for snacks and a lesson and he was sitting at the little table being a good boy!

Another surprise was last night when my mother in law calls and tells Josh that they want to fly us home for Thanksgiving! I had accepted the idea that we wouldn't be seeing AZ for a long while and this was so unexpected but I'm soooooo excited. We haven't been gone very long but it sure seems like forever. I haven't talked to my mom yet so I'm looking forward to telling her! I hope we can all get together and see everyone. Not looking forward to flying on such a busy Holiday but praying that it goes smoothly so we can spend time with the family.

So, the point I guess is that I can worry myself sick over things or I can pray and listen to the promptings, and most importantly do the things I'm supposed to and eventually things will work out for the best! I don't know how many times I will need to be so drastically reminded of this until I get it but hopefully not many.

No comments:

Post a Comment