Tuesday, December 14, 2010

29 Years Ago Today!


Mom and me! My first Christmas


Gram and Gramps Chambers
(Gram you look exactly the same....Love you!)


My Dad with his cool 80's stache


Grandma and Grandpaw Wells
(I loved in the Baby Book how my Grandpa signed his name "Grandpaw Wells"
It really fits him and now I'll always remember him that way)

Yes, today is my Birthday and it has been a really good day. I took some time and read my 'baby book' that my Mom gave to me a few years ago. It was neat to read about all the people that were in my life from the beginning. It's funny that the things my Mom wrote are almost exactly the same things that I write or think about my boys. She talks about the Holidays and how it took a while for me to figure out how to open gifts, and that I would rather play with the wrapping, and that is how my boys have been. I loved reading about us moving and taking vacations and mostly about the friends and family that are always mentioned.

There are many things I miss about being a 'little kid' but being around those friends and family is especially envied right now. Some have passed and some have moved on with their lives. But others are still apart of my everyday life, even if not in person they are in Spirit.

I am so thankful to have a wonderful Mom, who can always make me feel better, and always makes me feel loved. I am thankful for my parents who taught me how to be a good person and right from wrong, and who always did what they could to give me what I wanted and needed. They spent so much time and money supporting my hobbies like horses! I am thankful for all of my friends and family that are always there. I imagine so many different ways this life could have turned out...some regrets and some true miracles. There is a reason for everything I suppose and I pray that I can recognize the blessings as they come and remember that I should "Find Joy in the Journey"

Geeze I'm only 29 what did you expect hee hee! Just wait till next year the big three oh! Thanks for all the wonderful Birthday Wishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment